Thursday, March 27, 2014

Reflection for Thursday, March 27, 2014

THURSDAY OF THE THIRD WEEK OF LENT

As a 20 year-old college student involved on campus I am constantly feeling like I am going from one thing to the next. With the flurry of things going on I find little time for myself or my relationships, especially my relationship with God. I always think to myself late at night I can pray tomorrow I am just too tired tonight. This routine continues on and on until suddenly I question the last time I prayed and I realize that I can no longer hear God’s voice in my heart.        

Thus says the LORD:
This is what I commanded my people:
Listen to my voice;
then I will be your God and you shall be my people.
Walk in all the ways that I command you,
so that you may prosper.  
                                                            -JER 7: 23

Today’s readings remind us to stop and listen to God’s voice. The voice of God is one that will help you prosper in your life. God is there for me in times of need, despair, and joy so why does it seem like I turn away from Him when I have that joy and then only return to Him in that despair?

During the Lenten season I usually gave something up like sweets or television. This giving up of an item has evolved since coming to college. I find myself in a place where rather than giving up an item I spend time in prayer with God. During the Lenten season especially I faithfully start off my day and end my day with prayer. I find that this is helping me become closer to God and hearing His voice in my heart.

Ann Knezetic is the President-Elect of the Student Government Association.

No comments:

Post a Comment